Our commitments > Sustainable Energy Management
VWS MEMSEP delivers energy-efficient water treatment services to clients and implements energy neutral / energy positive strategies.
Our responsible solutions lower energy consumption and reduce GHG emissions. We create value through production of biogas and renewable energy.
Energy-producing wastewater treatment plants are the future. Veolia solutions optimize energy consumption and maximize gas production at wastewater treatment plants.
Anaerobic digestion is a proven way to produce biogas, a renewable energy source easily convertible into electricity. Combined with advanced technologies such as thermal hydrolysis (Exelys™, Biothelys™) or co-digestion, we offer clients energy neutral wastewater treatment plants... today!
Veolia designed and built a closed-loop water treatment system for Diageo that generates biogas, supplying up to 60% of the fuel source for the company's distiller boilers and eliminating landfill and ocean disposal costs.
Key technologies to optimize energy management in water treatment:
• Biothane® UASB and Biobed® EGSB are world-leading technologies for enhanced anaerobic biogas production.
• our BioCon® sludge thermal drying process generates inexpensive renewable energy and biosolids ready for land application.
• our Exelys™ thermal hydrolysis process maximizes biogas and electricity production while minimizing sludge volumes.
• our AMONIT™ sludge aeration control system reduces energy consumption up to 20%.
• STAR - a superior online control system cuts biological treatment plant energy consumption by as much as 30% - and reduces effluent soluble nitrogen.
• our small-footprint ANITA™ Mox process consumes 60% less energy than traditional nitrification processes.
• Our Eolia™ tool helps define best energy options.